How to join the BRC server

How to use teamspeak 3
Forum rules
This foums includes tutorials about how to use teamspeak 3.
Yacin

How to join the BRC server

Post by Yacin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Hello,
This topic is about to show you how to join our Teamspeak server for the first time.
To join us on Teamspeak, you will need to follow 3 simple steps:
1. Download & install Teamspeak
2. Setup Teamspeak
3. Connect to the BRC server

1. Download & install Teamspeak
a. Click the link bellow to get access to the download page of teamspeak
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
b. Choose the OS that you are using, and download the client version

After clicking the download button, and agreeing the User License Agreement, the download will start automatically.
c. After downloading, now run and install Teamspeak. You don’t need explanations on this part; it’s a normal installation like any other programs.

2. Setup Teamspeak
When you gonna open Teamspeak for the first time, the Setup Wizard window will show up.
PS: You can also access to the setup wizard from the menu bar:

In the Setup Wizard, all you need to do is to click next, next... except of 2 important screens that you will need to configure:
a. In this screen, you need to enter your nickname that gonna be displayed on Teamspeak, I’m going to use “TestUser”.

b. In the next screen, you will need to choose the way how you activate your microphone, or how you talk.
You are able to choose between 2 options, and because you’re new on Teamspeak, I recommend you to use Push-To-Talk. By choosing this option, you will press a button in every time you want to talk.

As showed in the picture above, check Push-To-Talk and click the button in blue.
A grey square will show up on your screen, press a button on your keyboard that you gonna use to talk.

Like you see in the picture bellow, I chose Ctrl on my keyboard, so the name of the button changed to Ctrl. Now in every time I want to talk, I will need to press Ctrl to activate the microphone.

3. Connect to the BRC server
On the menu bar, go to Connections, and then Connect.

A new window will show up, make sure that you entered the right server address, and the right nickname.
The Server Address is: ts.beatbox-rap.com

Now, all you need to do is to click “Connect” to join the server, which is like this:

For any questions about this topic, please comment them down.

DRANOR

Re: How to join the BRC server

Post by DRANOR » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Good How-To Yacin ! Thumbs Up !

Yacin

Post by Yacin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Thank you DRANOR :)

SelFX

Post by SelFX » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:32 pm

There's me:') You should also include the dual identity to connect with a friend or a beatbot etc.

Yacin

Post by Yacin » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:40 pm

SelFX wrote:There's me:') You should also include the dual identity to connect with a friend or a beatbot etc.
I'm thinking to make many tutorials like this one, i need just time, because only this topic took me 2 hours ^^

SelFX

Post by SelFX » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Yacin wrote:
SelFX wrote:There's me:') You should also include the dual identity to connect with a friend or a beatbot etc.
I'm thinking to make many tutorials like this one, i need just time, because only this topic took me 2 hours ^^
Yeah it'd be useful and helpful but of course it's time consuming seeing as you have to be informational etc, good work though it's a very detailed post.

Acid

Post by Acid » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 am

This is a tutorial on how to bring a music bot (another identity) to the server.

Step 1: Create a new identity. Click on Settings > Identities.

Next, click ADD and fill in the particulars, then click ok.

Step 2: Click on Connections > Connect. Then click More and change the identity to the one which you just made. Next, copy the server's IP (ts.beatbox-rap.com) to the blank which says Server Address.

Step 3: Click In New Tab and you're in! :D

If you have any queries/questions, don't be shy and ask. Hope this tutorial helps! :)

SelFX

Post by SelFX » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Acid wrote:This is a tutorial on how to bring a music bot (another identity) to the server.

Step 1: Create a new identity. Click on Settings > Identities.

Next, click ADD and fill in the particulars, then click ok.

Step 2: Click on Connections > Connect. Then click More and change the identity to the one which you just made. Next, copy the server's IP (ts.beatbox-rap.com) to the blank which says Server Address.

Step 3: Click In New Tab and you're in! :D

If you have any queries/questions, don't be shy and ask. Hope this tutorial helps! :)
Very nice work man, very detailed and provided images, nice effort you've put some good time into this also yacin too!

Azzie

Post by Azzie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Nice work :D
Good to see other people do this aswell as the admins, can imagine it makes the admins work a littlebit easier ^^,

I would do this if I had the chill to sit down and think, or if I had the ability to word myself good enough ;)
Grill, Gamer, Wannabe Beatboxer

"I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."
"Live life as if you'll die tomorrow, dream as if you'll live forever"

Yacin

Post by Yacin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Acid wrote:This is a tutorial on how to bring a music bot (another identity) to the server.
Thank you Acid, i really appreciate the time you took to write this tutorial.
I just want to tell you that, instead of replying, you can also post topics and share your knowledges, it would be really great.
Thank you again :)